- About EGF
- Strategic Partners
- Our Services
- The Advisory Panel
- EGF Team
E-Gaming Federation is a not-for-profit organisation established under the Societies Regulation Act. It was established to develop and self-regulate the e-gaming industry in India.
EGF strives to create a standard structure for the smooth functioning of the online gaming ecosystem. It aims to create a sustainable and growth-oriented environment by working with key stakeholders such as central and state governments, media, law enforcement and regulators as well as peer industry bodies, online games operators, policy analysts, industry experts, economists, law firms, consulting firms, technology providers, service providers, payment gateways, and tax consultants, among many others.
- To be the single point of contact for the e-gaming industry in India
- To facilitate and encourage the adoption of regulations / self-regulations.
- To be an authentic source of information and knowledge about the E Gaming industry.
- To create a sustainable environment for online gaming in India and facilitate the growth of the industry
- To ensure a safe, transparent and responsible environment for players
- To prescribe and promote accreditation for standard rules and practices for online gaming
- To represent the online gaming operators in various industry forums and with policymakers for policy advocacy
- To bring about a positive change in perception regarding the e-gaming industry
There are four core areas of emphasis.
- Advocacy on common issues faced by online gaming players
- Represent the industry before both State and Central Governments and be a collective voice of the industry to bring up relevant issues to the concerned authorities
- Help in making vital recommendations on policy matters to stimulate growth of the sector
- Formalizing standards (EGFS) for online gaming business
- Setting up and running accreditation process based on EGFS
- Enroll and encourage online gaming operators to adopt EGFS through accreditation
- Organize periodic audits
- Organize industry events, seminars, summits and involve various business operators, regulatory functionaries and service providers along with other stakeholders
- Educate, create awareness about and promote the online gaming industry, & raise current industry challenges and possible solutions at such forums
- Create awareness about the skill and knowledge required to master the online gaming industry
- Offer a common platform
- to meet with other operators in the sector and share experiences
- to represent the industry before various service providers such as banks, payment gateways, online advertisers and others
- to interact with international players, and investors, amongst others
- Build and develop market knowledge
- Conduct business research
- Publish reports on market development and recent trends
- Share industry research publications and EGF body of knowledge (BOK)
- Data bank for service providers and other industry partners
- Update and share expert opinions on legal and tax related issues
He is an advocate registered with the Delhi Bar Council and a member of various councils and governing bodies such as British Association of Sport and Law, International Association of Sports Lawyers, Secretary Indian Premier League Probe, FICCI National Sports Committee, Sports Authority of India, Gaming and Leisure Group of UK-India Business Council, Regulatory Commission of the Indian Super League and International Association of Gaming Advisors and ASSOCHAM’s Sports Committee, among others.
Vaibhav has a unique mix of extensive regulatory and transactional expertise, and specializes in structuring transactions (especially cross-border), and advising on foreign investment/exchange laws, company law, securities laws, TMT laws and gaming laws. He has advised several global corporations on appropriate strategies in relation to investments in India and domestic and multinational clients including cross-border M&A, JV, PE transactions. He has in-depth experience with industry-specific legal and regulatory issues in sectors including gaming, retail, real estate, telecommunications, pharma, education and the financial sector. He regularly advises on policy issues pertaining to the industry and worked with some of the largest online gaming companies in India. He regularly comments in the media on issues of current interest and legal developments related to the sector.
He brings in depth knowledge in risk management, process management and international standards to the table.
He has worked on various advisory and board level positions in the past and prior to this he has worked with organizations like Nestle, Tesco, FICCI.
He has a post-graduation in Marketing and a BA in Public Administration. He is an avid reader, loves to cycle, trek and is a foodie at heart.